Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: STRANGER COMES TO TOWN...a fans view

Re:STRANGER COMES TO TOWN...a fans view 13 years 11 months ago #679

• essexboybilly
I wish I could express my feelings as well as you Stewart, all i can say is I love this album. My favorite line?
"He sits, motionless in his corner, head in hands, disbelieving..." poetry, like Steve alone writes, even better than Waites and Cohen. Every ttrack has great depth, some listeners just don't have the patience, i guess! This album deserves attention. I hope Steve chooses to play most of the new songs on tour.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:STRANGER COMES TO TOWN...a fans view 13 years 11 months ago #680

• cockneyrebel1
B) Albums that I like immediately often lose their attraction for me quickly:My first reaction on hearing the new album was that it wasn't what I had been expecting but was just begging for another listen. A good few listens later, it continues to grow on me: The lyrics are pure poetry! I think this is amazing piece of work, of which Steve should be incredibly proud. Thank you! B)

Re:STRANGER COMES TO TOWN...a fans view 13 years 11 months ago #681

• jackpot1
...agreed with the above fully, and it actually gets better with each listen. So much in there. Alyn and Mr Wall just don't have the patience it seems. Their loss.

Re:STRANGER COMES TO TOWN...a fans view 13 years 11 months ago #707

• Pandorah
getting chucked off Computer by Daughter who needs to go on her face book ! I ask ya ! really . i'll be back in to read this topic so's I comment !
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh kid's

Re:STRANGER COMES TO TOWN...a fans view 13 years 11 months ago #713

• PeterJH
Please pass on my compliments to Mr Harley for having released a very special album in Stranger Comes To Town, an album which I adore, and feel to be his finest work since Love's A Prima Donna. It's a wonderful achievement.

Re:STRANGER COMES TO TOWN...a fans view 13 years 11 months ago #715

• essexboybilly
I agree P J-H entirely. Prima Donna was a mad, edgy special LP alright, as is Stranger...
  • Page: